Client Service Super-Star Required For Veterinary Hospital in Boynton Beach, FL
Are you an organized, positive individual who enjoys helping other people get what they need?
Do you have an eye for detail and tend to get the small details right so mistakes don’t get made?
Are you someone who is able to handle the whirlwind and pressure of handling clients, taking phone calls and keeping everything running smoothly.
Do you take pride in working up to a standard of care and are willing to be accountable for your actions?
Would you like to be part of a team performing the miracle of helping paralyzed pets walk again and get their life back?
If so, please read on we think this role may be something you’d enjoy.
Southeast Veterinary Neurology exists to keep families together by giving second chances to pets and the people who love them. We deal exclusively with neurologic diseases (diseases of the brain and spinal cord) and are one of the United States’ largest independently owned neurology groups.
We’ve recently started on a mission to help 20,000 pets suffering from neurological disease to walk again by 2025. That’s not an easy thing to do and we won’t achieve it unless we have fantastic people on the team to help us grow and maintain our reputation for quality care. But we are certain we are going to accomplish our mission by providing high quality, thorough and thoughtful care for our patients, compassionate service for our pet-owning clients, and consistently providing expertise to the veterinary community of South Florida and beyond.
Over the past decade, we’ve become a trusted name in specialty medicine and the work and dedication of the team were recognized when we were named on the University of Florida’s “Gator 100” list and received a "Good to Great" award by the South Florida Chamber of Commerce.
We won these awards because we understand that at the very heart of our plans are people. Highly skilled, compassionate, and brilliant people like you. For all the fancy equipment and facilities and awards, it is the culture created and work done by all of the talented individuals at SEVN that really makes us unique. We’re tight-knit, highly-skilled, motivated, and professional. And though the work we do is challenging and important, we also like to have fun as we help the pets who need us.
Probably the most important thing to know about SEVN is that it’s a practice built on values and so we’d like to share them with you.
The SEVN team values are:
- Growth - because all ships rise on the incoming tide.
- Availability – because superheroes don’t work 9-5
- Teamwork – want to go fast? Go alone. Want to go far? Go together.
- Integrity – actions speak louder than words
- Accountability – we keep our promises
- Excellence - because it’s neurosurgery
These values show up in our work in lots of different ways, from the way we conduct ourselves and treat each other, to who we hire and even what equipment we buy. If these values matter to you too then we think you’d find a good home working with us.
We’re looking for a special kind of person for this role so let’s see if you might fit.
You’ll be one of those people who make multi-tasking look easy. Phones ringing, clients at the door and colleagues asking questions is something you take in your stride. In some ways, the crazier the better.
You’ll also be quite the stickler for detail and order. It’s one of the ways you handle chaos in fact. Your inbox being at zero at the end of the day is something you pride yourself on. Your car is probably spotless, you hate mess and you take pride in your appearance.
But administrative order is only part of your game. You’re no shrinking violet and are also a person who is energised by other people and you get a thrill from helping others get what they need and be happy.
When things get more challenging you are the person others turn, for example when faced with an unhappy client. This is because you know the right things to do to calm them down and help find a solution that makes sure everyone gets what they need. You can keep the peace. You are kind, fair and grounded.
You’ve probably performed work like this for some time and are looking for a new place to call your work home. Somewhere that you are both appreciated and know your work is contributing to a greater purpose.
You are also comfortable talking about money with clients, this matters because we do work that is not cheap, so if asking a client to settle a bill makes you uncomfortable, this might not be a good role.
Lastly, you like to learn new things and are someone willing and able to accept and act on feedback.
The work you’ll be helping us do at Southeast Veterinary Neurology matters because we do amazing things like help paralyzed animals walk again so they can enjoy life with their families. In our case, sometimes what we do really is brain surgery! (Don’t worry, we don’t do rocket science – NASA and SpaceX are a few hours north, so we leave that to them).
This work we do is both challenging and intense because neurology requires us to pay attention to the details and work to a high standard. But, when we get it right, animals and their families experience the joy of seeing a loved family pet walk again. It’s an amazing thing to contribute to and your work will be a huge part of this transformation.
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative to be a welcoming, knowledgeable, attentive and helpful liaison to our clients.
As a CSR, you are the first impression a client has of our company, both on the phone and in person. You will be relied upon as the bridge between clients and the pet’s medical teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Welcoming clients and making them feel important and cared for both on the phone and in person
- Gathering and relaying pertinent and correct information from clients and referring veterinarians for the patient’s records and to the team
- Keeping accurate patient and client charts
- Assisting clients with financing options and taking client payments for services
- Filing insurance claims on client’s behalf
- Facilitating client requests for appointments, medication refills, and messages to the medical team
- Exchanging records with referring veterinarians
- Written communications (emails & letters) - so using the Microsoft, Apple and Google suite of product
- Updating files and organizing information.
- Taking payments
- Keeping the client area spotlessly clean
- Contributing positively to our team culture
One of our core values is availability because when animals get sick with neurological problems, they don’t do it at convenient times. So we work weekends, holidays and evenings. You won’t of course have to cover all of these shifts, they get shared. But we will need some flexibility and a willingness to help out. We put it upfront though because if this is something you are not up for, then a more sociable role would be a better fit.
The schedule is as follows:
- The work schedule: exact days to be determined; at least one weekend day is required
- Days will generally consist of 8 - 10 hours.
- Start and end times will vary between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm based on shift worked and hospital need
- This is an exempt position.
The Compensation Package
We have a very generous compensation package, which includes:
- Competitive Pay (based on experience)
- Health Insurance with dental and vision options
- Short term disability
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
- CE allowance and career development
- On the job training - lots of it!
- Mentoring program to help you be part of TeamSEVN!
- Profit-sharing after 1 year of service
Your Qualifications & Technical Skills
- At least 3+ years as a manager or supervisor in a veterinary hospital, medical, hospitality setting, or other client service industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written English communication (required), Spanish is a welcome bonus.
How to Apply
To take the next step in our application process, complete our online application and submit a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for our team and this role, plus your resume. We will respond to all applicants.
Good luck, we look forward to hearing from you soon.